I was reading about the scandal of Nithyananda couple of minutes back.After reading the article,I realized that even I also studied in a “God’s school”.
It was then I realized that even I studied in this so called charitable God’s school.
My school was a pure business venture of our God.Here are some highlights.
- Our school fee was higher than the other private schools in the town.
- We were not allowed to buy notebooks from outside.The notebooks distributed in our school costs Rs.30 where ordinary notebooks cost Rs.5-Rs.15 in shops.The speciality of the notebook was that our God’s photo was printed on both sides of the notebook.I remember one of our teachers scolding a kid for using ordinary notebooks.
- Teachers are devotees of our school God.So they preach most of the time.Many of the male teachers join the school as ‘Brahmacharis‘ and then come to school one fine morning with their family.
- Male teachers molest physically matured girls by giving tuitions or spiritual advices.Most of these teachers and peons are still retained in the school as they are great devotees of the ‘God’.One such issue happened in my batch and school management trasferred that b*****d teacher to another school.(to molest more?)
- There was/is a magazine published from the God’s head office.School management make students sell the old magazines during the God’s visit to the school as the school premises will be crowded with devotees.Students are divided in such way that they cover the entire area of the ‘God Coming’ celebration.They are given proper target on how much old magazines should be sold in a day.Couple of days before the God’s visit,management even give classes to students(5th std – 10th std) on how to pick feasible customers.Some smart students are given magazine subscription forms so that during the selling of magazines,devotees can subscribe as well.
- Half of the brahamacharis (both male and female) joining there,drop out and get married in another couple of months.If asked they have reason ready to spit it out,’God told us to marry’.WTH!!!
- 95% of hard core devotees belong to the upper class of the society.They visit the school or Ashram during the ‘God Coming’ celebration and throw cash in the name of charity,get themselves photographed by cleaning some utensils or table and then escape.
- I have visited God’s private room at the ashram next to our school.It is a wonderful lounge with all the 5 – star facilities.
- When the God comes to visit us,the water God drinks comes from a purifier with some high technology.
- The foreign devotees carry a counter machine in their hands.Not just foreign people,some of our teachers too.The use of the counter is to know how many times they called the God’s name.Phew!!
- The God comes in an air-conditioned caravan(10 years back) with escorts.
- Jewellery section is the most wonderful one.It ranges from finger rings and pendants with God’s picture on it,wrist band or chain out of Rudraksha that with/without gold/silver in between.People are ready to buy if the board says these jewels are specially blessed by the ‘God’. 😛
- No film songs were allowed during the cultural festival for dance or music events.Instead God’s bhajan’s should be used.
- When we get high quality branded cloth from Bombay Dyeing or Raymond,school people will force students to buy some devotee gave away uniform cloth that too for a higher rate.
- Magazine subscription is a must as long we are in the school.
- Family and school inject an impression in the kid’s mind that ‘God’ is everything even above the family.Once one of my friends told me that ‘God’ is important for her than her parents and I shouted at her asking whether the ‘God’ will take vacation from office and sit with her when she is sick.
Now is this God or a business tycoon??